November 04, 2007

Why Are My (or You) a BLOGGER?

I started this blog about a week now and didn't know if it would be worthwhile or not. My goal of creating a blog about my writing career stems from my passion for the art of writing and not about making money.

So far, my experience has been fun and interesting. Though I'm not making any money from this blog, partly because I've not signed up for an 'AdSense account', I've found blogging about what I love to do - writing - more rewarding than anything else. This brings me to asking folks whether they enjoy what they blog about or they blog just for the money?

I've been reading top niche bloggers such as Darren Rowse and I must admit that he is one of the most passionate bloggers in today's ever-expanding blogosphere. Darren started blogging in 2002 after he read an article about 'blogging' and within 24 hours he started his own personal blog. His story has been one of my inspirations on my path to becoming a pro-blogger.

So when I read people's blogs, I ask myself: What do I LEARN from this blog? Above all, I've learned that you will only go further to becoming a pro-blogger "if" you write what you're passionate about!

No comments: