October 31, 2007

Are you D-A-R-E-D enough to participate?


Hey folks! Are you particpating in the National Novel Writing Month Contest? I recently posted an article from Jeri's blog about a writing activity from November 1, which challenges participants to write a 50,000 word novel within a month.

Last night, I wasn't too sure if I would join the challenge, but when I woke up this morning I felt dared and decided to take a hit. Now, I just signed up on the site, and waiting to start writing. I know it'll be challenging for me, but what do I have to loose?

In this blog, I'll be posting gists about my progress in the contest and hopefully will be reading comments from readers and participants. If you are participating, why not aim at 1700 words per day (that should give you 51,000 words by Nov. 30), that way you'll be confident that you'll have over 50,000 by the end of the month.

Stop thinking...Start writing!

All the best, folks

No comments: