November 14, 2007

Mommying and Writing at MWLM

Writing is not an easy task! In my experience, I've had to juggle with other activities while keeping up with the research, writing and editing of my book. But how about mommying and writing? No small feat!

Firstly, I'm not a mother! I'm not even a woman:-) But, having read articles and books from mom writers (mothers who are writers), it just makes me respect them more.

As a mother and writer, (mom writer, if you like)
Paula Schmitt, founder of Mom Writer’s Literary Magazine has shown remarkable strength in being an editor and publisher. Her award-winning book, Living In a Locker Room: A Mom’s Tale of Survival in a Houseful of Boys is a fast, light and funny tale of the life of motherhood particularly raising boys.

Founded in 2005, Mom Writer’s Literary Magazine is a publication written by moms for moms across the globe who come together to share their stories. The online magazine publishes creative nonfiction essays, fiction, columns, book reviews, profiles about mom writers and visual art.

If you are a mom writer and interested in submitting a material for consideration, click here for guidelines.

No comments: